Wound Research Alliance
The Wound Research Alliance (WRA) connects industry, government, and academic collaborators with clinical research expertise and resources in clinical trial management. The WRA supports clinical trials including industry-sponsored and investigator-initiated clinical trials accelerating the development and delivery of innovative therapeutic wound healing solutions with a focus on optimizing patient outcomes.
Partnering with the Wound Research Alliance offers these strategic benefits:
- Access to the University of Pittsburgh schools, centers, and institutes;
- Integration with the award-winning global health enterprise of UPMC including 8 wound healing treatment facilities with a significant patient population;
- Strong foundation of scientific and clinical leadership in wound healing in conducting clinical trials for indsurty and government;
- Concentration of research and clinical expertise in wound care management —more than 50 investigators across 10 clinical research outlets;
- Experience in all phases of clinical trial management: trial design and execution; regulatory and compliance; patient recruitment and retention; database development, integration and reporting.
Resources and Clinicians
Good clinical decision-making involves the examination, critique and synthetization of research evidence, clinical expertise and patient values. The WRA clinical study strategy integrates our years of accumulated wealth of knowledge from patient care experiences in wound care as well as our multi-disciplinary educational and research background. We realize that not all clinical trials are alike and that the “one size fits all” solution does apply to patient care. We draw upon our clinical expertise, past experiences and diverse scientific backgrounds to inform our decisions going forward. Our clinical expertise, combined with the best available scientific evidence, allows us to provide patients with optimal outcomes and our partners with results to support their product/technology claims.
J. Peter Rubin, MD
• Director, Wound Research Alliance
• Director, UPMC Wound Healing Services
• UPMC Endowed Professor and Chair of Plastic Surgery
• Co-director, The Adipose Stem Cell Research Laboratory
Who We Serve:
Industry Learn More
WRA has an accomplished clinical operations team who facilitate a steadfast approach from concept to close-out.
Government Learn More
WRA have designed cost-effective solutions based on site capacity, capability and infrastructure.
Academia Learn More
WRA can collaborate with your institution and provide the infrastructure that minimizes your need to finance.